Current OpeningCampbell County Sheriff’s Office is currently hiring a Deputy I - Field/School Resource Officer. Please click here to apply
Campbell County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications from men and women interested in a law enforcement career in variety of positions.
The Campbell County Sheriff's Office is the primary law enforcement agency in Campbell County. It is an organization dedicated to professionalism and service to the community, and employment within this agency offers a great opportunity to those persons who seek a career in law enforcement.
The starting salary for Administrative positions is $31,800 annually; for Deputy Sheriff vacancies, it is $36,725 to 39,219 annually.
Full time positions include County health/dental benefits and a retirement package provided by the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).
General Application Requirements
All Applicants are required to:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older (21 if applying for deputy sheriff positions);
- Possess a high school diploma, GED, or higher degree (Associate degree preferred);
- Have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Be technically skilled in applicable equipment;
- Be able to provide exemplary customer service;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Consent to an extensive background investigation.
Candidates wishing to apply for Deputy Sheriff vacancies must also:
- Be in good physical condition;
- Have a favorable driving record; and
- Must be able to meet all training requirements.
Sign and mail/deliver the completed application to:
Campbell County Sheriff's Office
P.O. Box 280; 87 Courthouse Lane
Rustburg, VA 24588
For more information, please contact the Sheriff's Office by phone at 434-332-9580; by mail at P.O. Box 280, Rustburg, Va. 24588; or by email at email@example.com.