Residential Single Family Construction

Under the current regulations, most land disturbance projects, including the construction of a single family dwelling will need permit coverage.  The A Land Disturbance Permit shall be obtained prior to ANY construction activity. The following criteria will determine if your project does require a permit.

  • If your project disturbs greater than 10,000 square feet of soil. (Please account for ALL LAND DISTURBANCE including the installation of; driveways, septic systems, yard area etc…)
  • If your project is part of a Common Plan of Development (any parcel of land created on or after July 1, 2004). If you are in a Common Plan of Development, a permit is required regardless of the amount of land disturbing activity.

The following are common permitting scenarios when constructing a single family detached dwelling along with the required document(s) needed in order to obtain the permit.