Election Officers are assigned to work in their home precinct polling place, but if no vacancies are available, you may be asked to work at another precinct. You may be asked to serve as an alternate to fill in for previously-assigned Election Officers who are unable to serve.
Their duties include:
- Arriving at the polling place at 5:00 a.m. on Election Day
- Set up voting machines and signs to prepare the polling place for voting
- Processing voters by checking their names off poll books
- Operating and instructing voters on the use of voting machines
- Assist voters as necessary
- Tallying results, securing the voting machines, and closing polling place
Three (3) Election Officers work in the Central Absentee Voter Precinct (CAP) on Election Day. These officers check the names of absentee voters off poll book list and tabulate the absentee ballots.