Department of Forestry
The Campbell County division of the Virginia Department of Forestry assists private landowners in the protection and management of their forest resources.
The Forest Protection Program includes:
- Fire prevention programs for schools and civic groups
- Forest fire suppression training for volunteer fire departments and other organized fire fighting crews
- Enforcement of forest fire laws
- Forest fire suppression
- Information and field visits for insect and disease problems in trees or forests
The Forest Management Program includes:
- Examination of forest tracts and development of a forest management plan
- A full range of reforestation services including tree seedling sales, coordination of planting crews, prescribed burning and cost share program administration
- Examination of harvesting operations and information on marketing timber
- Information on various practices and topics in forest management
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.